Pedestrian hit by car still in critical condition
A 60-year-old North Franklin Township man who was struck by a vehicle while walking home along Route 18 early Friday remained in critical condition Saturday afternoon.
Dennis McCormick of 1815 Park Ave. was flown from the accident scene at 470 Park Ave. to UPMC-Presbyterian hospital, Pittsburgh, following the 1 a.m. accident near Washington Cemetery, North Franklin police said. He underwent surgery shortly after arriving at the hospital and remained there in critical condition, police said.
The driver, Dawna S. Heinz, 61, of Washington, told police it was difficult to see because of heavy fog.
Police said McCormick works in various restaurants and often walks in the area.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union