Police: Teen punches Ohio woman, is hit with bat
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) – Police in northeast Ohio said a woman is charged with felonious assault after using a bat to strike a 14-year-old boy who hit her in the face.
The Vindicator in Youngstown reported both the 32-year-old woman and the teenager have been cited for assault after the altercation. Police reports show the boy told officers the woman drove up to him and yelled an obscenity as he rode his bicycle along a street Friday night. The reports said he responded by punching her in the face, and she retaliated by hitting him in the leg with a bat.
The extent of their injuries wasn’t clear.
The woman, who was jailed, told police she’d been harassed by the boy’s family.
The teenager was cited and released to his mother.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union