Brothers Nico and Mario Mastrangelo combined for three goals and two assists as Peters Township remained undefeated with a 3-0 victory over visiting Ambridge in a Section 5-AAA match.
PT (3-0) did all its scoring in the first half as Nico Mastrangelo had two goals and assisted on Mario Mastrangelo’s goal. Sean Harrison had an assist and goalkeeper Max O’Hare stopped two shots for the shutout.
• Josh Kruczek scored four goals and assisted on two others as undefeated Canon-McMillan overpowered Brashear 9-1 in a Section 5-AAA match at Cupples Stadium in Pittsburgh.
Jake Wilcox scored three goals and had an assist for the Big Macs (3-0). Nick Sodini had two goals and Corey McCurdy assisted on three scores. C-M’s goalkeeper was Christian Snatchko.
• Luke Doptis scored two goals to lead Monessen to a 3-0 road victory over Bentworth in Section 4-A. Josh Kuzmeroski had the other goal for the Greyhounds.
• McGuffey opened Section 6-AA play with a 5-1 victory over Waynesburg.
Nate Stout scored two goals and assisted on another for McGuffey (1-0, 2-1). Aaron Harris also had two goals and Tyler Harris one goal for the Highlanders.
• Brian Coyne scored with one minute left in overtime to give South Fayette a 1-0 victory over Montour in Section 5-AA. Goalkeeper Alex Gedrys and Andrew Pine shared the shutout in goal for the Lions.
• Beth-Center scored with 4:44 left in the first overtime to defeat host Washington 2-1 in Section 4-A.
Aaron Ackney and Dakota Phillips had goals for B-C. Wash High’s lone tally was scored by Del Bredniak.
•California edged Chartiers-Houston 2-1 in Section 4-A.
Maddi Santo scored two goals and undefeated Peters Township overwhelmed host Brashear 8-0 in Section 5-AAA.
Laurel Carpenter scored one goal and assisted on another for the Indians (1-0, in section, 3-0 overall). Carly Johns, Emily Cottrill, Madaline LaVigna, Caitlyn Pendergast and Riley Partyka each scored goals for PT. Megan Parker played the entire game in goal for PT.
•Ally Walker scored 90 seconds into the first overtime to give Canon-McMillan a 1-0 season-opening victory over Yough. Walker scored off an assist by Lauren Hess as the Big Macs dealt Yough (2-1) its first loss.
Goalkeeper Myra Murphy made two saves for the Big Macs.
Playing in its first road game of the season, Washington & Jefferson dropped a 3-0 match to Frostburg State Tuesday night. The Presidents fell to 0-2.