W.Va. teen indicted in friend’s death
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A grand jury in Morgantown has indicted a teenage girl suspected of plotting with another girl to kill her longtime best friend.
Media outlets report a Monongalia County grand jury indicted Shelia Eddy on Friday on one count each of first-degree murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy.
Earlier this week, Eddy’s case was moved from juvenile to adult court.
Eddy is accused along with a classmate, 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf, with luring Skylar Neese out of her Star City home last summer, driving her into the Pennsylvania woods and stabbing her to death at an agreed-upon moment. The motive has never been revealed.
Shoaf has already pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and is awaiting sentencing. She told police the girls no longer wanted to be friends with Skylar.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union