Centerville woman found on Mon River bank dies
A Centerville woman died Wednesday night after she was found face down in the water on the bank of the Monongahela River behind her home. Peggy Richmond, 59, of Vesta Seven Road, was pronouned dead at 8 p.m. at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Washington County Coroner Tim Warco said. The cause of her death is pending an autopsy and the manner of death is under investigation by Centerville police.
Warco said she was found by her husband on the river bank shortly after 7 p.m. after she failed to return home from taking a walk along the shore. Emergency crews attempted to resuscitate her before taking her to the hospital.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union