Sharks edge Canucks 3-2 in preseason opener
Tommy Wingels' goal at 16:07 of the third period lifted the San Jose Sharks to a 3-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in a preseason game Monday night.Wingels deflected in Joe Pavelski's point shot during a power play with Canucks veteran Alex Burrows was off for roughing.Wingels and Pavelski both had a goal and an assist for the Sharks while John McCarthy scored their other goal.Brendan Gaunce and Hunter Shinkaruk scored for the Canucks while defenseman Henrik Tommernes added two assists.It was the first game of the exhibition season for both clubs.The Canucks went with six NHL regulars from last season, including Burrows and Ryan Kesler. Frank Corrado, 20, who played for Vancouver late in the season after completing his junior season, also played.Notes: New Canucks coach John Tortorella watched his club from Vancouver's management box. Assistants Mike Sullivan and Glen Gulutzan ran Vancouver's bench. ... Sharks coach Todd McLellan viewed the proceedings from his usual spot behind their bench.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter