Truck driver dies in Greene crash
JEFFERSON – The driver of water tanker truck died Monday morning when his truck ran off Greene Grove Road in Morgan Township and struck a tree.
Clem Giancola III, 56, of North Huntingdon, Westmoreland County, was pronounced dead at the scene at 10:39 a.m. by Greene County Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis.
Giancola was driving up a hill when his truck ran off the right side of the road and hit the tree, Lewis said.
Grancola might have had a medical condition that contributed to the cause of the crash, though that will have to be determined by the autopsy, she said.
The crash occurred at 9:15 a.m. Giancola was driving a 2013 Peterbilt tanker truck and was employed by Myers Well Service of Export.
State police are investigating the crash.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington bus depot almost ready | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union