Nemacolin man sentenced
WAYNESBURG – A Cumberland Township man was sentenced Wednesday on charges he stole money from an acquaintance.
Greene County Judge William Nalitz sentenced Fred Arthur Lowry, 19, of 100 Bliss Ave., Nemacolin to one month in jail and was given credit for time served.
Lowry was arrested March 6 for stealing $100 from Martin Michael Folan, who told police Lowry agreed to sell him a punching bag for $100. The two men met in the parking lot of the Grandview Apartments at 23 Grandview Drive in Franklin Township. Folan said he handed Lowry $100 and Lowry ran away with it.
When police questioned Lowry, he told them he had no intention of selling a punching bag to Folan.
He admitted taking the money and running into his brother’s apartment and throwing the money into a closet.
- 1Bookmarks | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Coal drives decrease in assessment values | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Matthew Reilly writes action-packed `Great Zoo of China´ | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union