Kim Provance, tax collector for Rices Landing Borough, announced office hours when residents may pay their taxes before the end of the discount period Sept. 30. She will be in her office in the borough building from 6 to 8 p.m. today, Saturday and Monday. Other time are by appointment by calling 724-592-5706.
The 20th Century Club of Waynesburg will be holding a bake sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday on the courthouse steps.
Country music will be featured from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the New Freeport Fire Hall. Bands scheduled to appear are Country Sounds and Back Roads. Cost is $4 and the event is sponsored by the ladies auxiliary.
Rolling Meadows Church of God Women’s Ministries will hold a chicken and biscuit dinner from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 12. The menu will include creamed chicken over biscuits, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce and beverages. Cost is $7 for adults, $4 for children 4 to 12, and $2 for children 3 and under. Also, a yard and bake sale will be held from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
All proceeds benefit the church.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Claysville home gutted by fire; three dogs perish | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union