Peters BP station robbed
McMURRAY – No weapon was seen when a man walked in the BP gas station and convenience store, 3894 Washington Road, at 8:15 a.m. Monday, pushed a clerk and grabbed a container of money.
The man fled and there is no indication of the amount of money in the container or if the clerk was injured, said Peters Township police Chief Harry Fruecht.
The station is along Route 19 south near the intersection of West McMurray Road.
The robber is a white man, about 6-foot-2, and was wearing a black hoodie, Fruecht said. The man was described as having heavy acne on his face.
Assisting Peters Township police were officers from North Strabane and Cecil townships.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union