Armed robbery report leads to Cal U. alert
California police are investigating a report of an armed robbery Monday night near the California University of Pennsylvania campus that led school officials to issue a crime alert to students and staff.
The alleged gunman remained at large, but the man who reported being robbed was jailed after police found out there was a warrant for his arrest from Montgomery County.
Police were called at 9:43 p.m. to a Plum Way residence where Rashad Gass, 20, of Coatsville, said he was robbed at gunpoint by a light-skinned black man, about 5 feet, 6 inches to 5 feet, 8 inches tall with scruffy facial hair.
Gass told police $2,500 was stolen from the kitchen table.
Police then determined that Gass was wanted on a warrant from Montgomery County for disorderly conduct and conspiracy to commit retail theft and took him to Washington County jail, where he was being held Tuesday on a bench warrant for a probation violation, court records show.
The Cal U. crime alert urged students to lock doors and windows, and use caution when traveling in the area, especially at night.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5A motivated student is a joy to teach | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union