Blystone will try new appeal
Washington might be adding another player at midseason as Zach Blystone, a 6-3, 265-pound lineman, is attempting to make another appeal for eligibility to the WPIAL.
Blystone transferred from Charleroi to Washington this year, but was declared ineligible by the WPIAL and PIAA, both of which ruled the transfer was made for athletic intent.
A Pittsburgh newspaper said Blystone’s lawyer has new evidence and will present it at a PIAA hearing today. If ruled eligible, Blystone could play Friday night.
Washington is coming off an impressive victory over Jeannette last week in which the Prexies’ offensive and defensive lines outplayed the Jayhawks. Despite losing tailback Shai McKenzie for the season with a knee injury, Wash High’s offense still averages 44 points per game and the Prexies are 4-0.
Washington travels to Brownsville Friday night for a 7 p.m. kickoff.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Who sold us out? | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "Bradie" ball raises $20,000 for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union