Rousing Sermon wins Santa Anita feature
Rousing Sermon beat favorite Blue Tone by 2 1/4 lengths to win the $54,000 Covered Bridge Purse at Santa Anita.Ridden for the first time by Julien Leparoux, Rousing Sermon ran 1 1/16 miles in 1:43.03 and paid $8, $3 and $2.20. The colt finished eighth in last year's Kentucky Derby.Blue Tone returned $2.40 and $2.10 as the 4-5 favorite.American Act was another 8 1/4 lengths back in third and paid $2.40 to show.The victory, worth $42,120, increased California-bred Rousing Sermon's career earnings to $609,222, with four wins in 21 starts.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Restaurant operators plan venue with accent on family-style meals | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4University plans TPS workshops | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union