Child injured in DUI crash
One child severely injured in suspected DUI crash
A woman suspected of driving under the influence was injured, along with one of two children traveling with her, in an accident in the 2000 block of West Chestnut Street in Canton Township Saturday.
According to state police, Stacy Lee Skariot, 31, no address given, was traveling westbound on State Route 40 when she lost control of her vehicle, which then hit a guardrail and a tree before sliding down a hill and coming to a stop next to an abandoned building. Skariot was not wearing a seat belt and both children were not safely secured in booster seats.
It was not clear if Skariot is the mother of the two children.
Both children were flown to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and Skariot was flown to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital where she was listed in fair condition Sunday. One child was severely injured in the crash, while the other was not injured.
Skariot was found to be under the influence of alcohol and several drugs. An open bottle of beer was found in the vehicle along with three prescription bottles with pills. All told, there were 113 Xanax tablets and 14 Ambien tablets scattered through the vehicle, police said.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union