Pa. man who slashed woman pleads guilty
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A Philadelphia man has pleaded guilty to slashing the face of a 23-year-old woman last year in a deal that will send him to jail for 15 to 30 years.
Authorities say 31-year-old Cory Harley accepted a plea deal Tuesday as his trial was about to start.
Harley gave no explanation and refused to apologize for the November 2012 assault on Ashley Hackett, who was attacked from behind and robbed as she was walking home at about 4 a.m.
Harley told Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Genece E. Brinkley that he spent the night drinking.
Hackett says she’s satisfied that Harley will serve a long sentence, but that the attack shook her physically and mentally.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 5A motivated student is a joy to teach | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union