Soccer: Franty’s big game sparks PT girls; Trinity rallies to clip Ringgold
Emily Franty had three goals and an assist Wednesday to help Peters Township to an 8-0 win over Brashear in a Section 5-AAA game.
Kristen Czjkowski had a goal and two assists for PT (9-0-1, 13-3-1), which also got single goals from Autumn Harriger, Riley Partyka and Maddi Santo. Goalie Megan Parker scored on a penalty kick and recorded the shutout.
Brashear fell to 1-9 in the section and 2-11 overall.
• Trinity scored three second-half goals to rally for a 3-1 victory over visiting Ringgold in Section 4-AAA.
The win moved the Hillers to .500 for the season (7-7) and 6-5 in the section. Trinity overcame the halftime deficit by getting goals from Kylie Shaw, Lauren Briggs and freshman Baylee Weaver.
• Sabrina Bryan and Aideen O’Donoghue each scored first half goals to power Canon-McMillan past Hopewell 2-1 in a non-section match. Canon-McMillan is 10-3-3 and Hopewell 10-4.
• Halee Federick had two goals and an assist to pace Charleroi to a 6-0 victory over Monessen in a Section 2-A match.
Chelsea Anderson added two goals for the Cougars (9-1-1, 11-1-1). Adrianna Gottheld and Kyra Watkins had a goal apiece. Sydney Toth recorded her fourth shutout.
• Four different players scored goals to pace Bentworth to a 4-0 win over Beth-Center in a Section 2-A match.
Kelsey Plute led the way with a goal and assist for the Bearcats (7-5, 8-7). Ella Schaltenbrand, Madison Jones and Matty Fowler had the other goals. Monica Hughes added an assist. Jeanna Brewer recorded the shutout. The Bearcats are assured third place in the section and a playoff berth.
Beth-Center fell to 2-9 and 3-9.
• Chartiers-Houston used three goals by Erin James to defeat host Waynesburg 4-2 in a non-section match. Abby Hamilton scored one goal for C-H.
Monessen defeated Washington, 3-1, Wednesday in a Section 4-A match. Washington is 1-8-2 in the section and 2-11-2 overall. Monessen rose to 8-3 and 11-4.