Farrell: Detroit, Oakland both 'steep challenge'
The closest John Farrell would come to expressing a preference between Oakland and Detroit is to note that one is kind of far away."Four and a half hours less travel time for one," the Red Sox manager said on Thursday when asked to compare the two teams Boston could face in the AL championship series.The A's and Tigers will play the decisive fifth game of the AL division series on Thursday night, with the winner advancing to play the Red Sox for a spot in the World Series. The ALCS begins on Saturday at Fenway Park, followed by Game 2 on Saturday.The Red Sox advanced by eliminating the Tamp Bay Rays in four games.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4First-ever humanities festival coming to Pittsburgh | Observer-Reporter
- 5High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union