Two in custody after California man shot
Two suspects were reportedly in custody after a man was shot in the leg Wednesday night at his home in California.
Borough police said in a press release that the victim, a man in his early 20s, was shot during a struggle after he opened the door of his home at 415 Second St. and was confronted by a man with a gun about 9:30 p.m.
Witnesses said that after the shooting, they saw three black men get into a dark Audi and leave the area.
An alert was issued, and an officer in Brownsville later spotted a vehicle matching that description. Police from several departments stopped the vehicle and arrested two suspects.
The names of the victim and the suspects were still not released late Thursday night. It was not known what, if any, charges the two men in custody would face. California police did not return multiple phone calls seeking comment on the case.
Because his leg wound was close to his femoral artery, the victim was flown to Allegheny General Hospital. His condition was not immediately known.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Cecil Historical Society to commemorate coal miners | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union