Official photo shows rare British royal gathering
LONDON (AP) — Britain’s monarchy has released a rare photo celebrating the christening of Prince George that shows four generations of royals gathered together.
The image released Thursday shows Queen Elizabeth II and three future kings: her son Prince Charles, her grandson Prince William, and her great-grandson, 3-month-old Prince George.
The infant is pictured perched on the knee of his mother — William’s wife, the Duchess of Cambridge — and surrounded by family who’d gathered at St. James’s Palace on Wednesday for George’s christening.
The queen’s husband, Prince Philip, is pictured, along with a grinning Prince Harry and Charles’ wife, Camilla.
The Duchess of Cambridge’s parents, sister and brother also are in the photograph.
George was christened by Justin Welby, the archbishop of Canterbury, with water brought from the River Jordan.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union