Soccer: W&J-Waynesburg matches decided on goals in final minute
ames Calvert scored off a rebound with 13 seconds remaining to give Washington & Jefferson College a 2-1 victory over Waynesburg Saturday afternoon at Alexandre Stadium.
Waynesburg (2-3-1, 9-4-2) had taken a 1-0 lead in the 56ht minute on a goal by Cody Lemke on a shot in off a cross from the right corner.
W&J (4-1-1, 9-6-1) tied the score less than two minutes later, when Brian Hanna scored from the right side post, setting up Calvert’s dramatic finish.
Taylor Bombalski scored on a header off a corner kick by Emily Mullady with eight seconds remaining in overtime to give Waynesburg University a 4-3 victory over Washington & Jefferson in a Presidents’ Athletic Conference match Saturday at Alexandre Stadium.
W&J (3-4, 8-8) jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals by Holly Shipley in the fifth and 16th minutes. Shipley had a five-point game.
Waynesburg (4-2-1, 7-7-1) battled back and tied the score before halftime on goals by Mullady and Susie Godwin.
- 1Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5McKinney - 30 years | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union