Fire destroys W.Va. apartment building
GRAFTON, W.Va. (AP) — A fire has destroyed an apartment building in the Taylor County community of Grafton and rendered 10 families temporarily homeless.
Grafton fire officials say it took crews from six fire departments four hours to get Saturday’s blaze under control. The cause of the fire isn’t known and officials asked the West Virginia State Fire Marshal to investigate.
The building’s owner, Phil Newlon, told WBOY-TV that a tenant said a candle may have been to blame.
No one was hurt, but Newlon says his tenants lost everything.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte