Edinboro U. cutting 32 professors, not 42
EDINBORO, Pa. (AP) — Officials with state-owned Edinboro University say the school is cutting six full-time and 26 part-time professors, fewer than the 42 positions the school said it planned to cut last month to address a budget deficit.
The school said in July that it might also cut the music programs because the school, which has more than 7,000 students had only about 70 in its music program. But the school will instead keep the programs, though with fewer faculty.
Enrollment at the school in northwestern Pennsylvania has dropped 18 percent since 2010.
The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties says it is glad the cuts are being reduced and says it will continue working to save jobs.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter
- 4Oh, so close: Canon-McMillan edged in quarterfinals | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter