Woman charged in school gun threat hoax
CHICORA (AP) – State police have charged a Western Pennsylvania woman with falsely claiming that her son’s father was headed to the boy’s elementary school with a gun.
Troopers from Butler on Thursday say 27-year-old Ashley Soose, of Karns City, called in the threat Wednesday afternoon to Chicora Elementary School.
Police say they responded and took the man into custody only to find out he didn’t have a weapon and hasn’t been charged.
But police say Soose is charged with making terroristic threats, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for her, and she doesn’t have a phone listed in her name.
Police say Soose was awaiting arraignment on the charges.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union