4-year-old Ohio girl dies; man arrested
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Columbus police said a child has died after she was taken to a hospital with injuries and a man was arrested on a felonious assault charge.
Police responded Wednesday to a residence after getting a call about an unresponsive 4-year-old. They found Layla Malone with visible injuries and she was taken to a hospital, where she was listed in critical condition.
Twenty-eight-year-old Michael McDaniel, who was at the residence, was arrested and placed in the Franklin County Jail. Police did not know Thursday evening if he had an attorney.
Police said the child died Thursday at 5:25 p.m., and additional charges will be considered after an autopsy is completed. They did not say how she and McDaniel were related.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union