Man accused of killing brother in Jefferson Twp.
Avella man charged with killing his brother
A quarrel between two middle-aged brothers inside a Jefferson Township home turned deadly Saturday night when one of the men shot the other with a shotgun, state police said.
Richard G. Bauduin Jr., 47, of Colliers, W.Va., died after he was shot in the head shortly before 7 p.m. at 863 Bethel Ridge Road, police said.
Washington County Coroner Timothy Warco pronounced him dead at the scene a short time later.
State police arrested his brother, Robert Bauduin, 46, of Avella at the scene and charged him with criminal homicide. Bauduin faces no other charges in connection with the incident, police said.
He was arraigned by District Judge Valarie Constanzo early Sunday morning and taken to Washington County jail without bond. Bauduin is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on the homicide charge at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
State police said an argument between the two brothers turned physical moments before the shooting. Police did not say what prompted the fight or provide a motive in the shooting.
The men’s father, Richard Bauduin Sr., who lives at the residence where the shooting occurred, declined to discuss the incident when reached by phone.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union