Manhunt ongoing after W.Pa. mom shot near four kids
DERRY (AP) – State police were searching for a man after a western Pennsylvania woman was wounded at her home, while four children were also present.
Troopers from the Greensburg barracks say the children were not physically injured and have been placed in the care of other relatives.
They say the woman, identified only as being in her 30s, was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital after being shot about 10 p.m. at the home in Derry Township. That’s about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Police say they know who the man is, but they’re not releasing his name as they continued to search for him early Monday.
Police indicate that the man and the woman were each the parents of some of the children, though they didn’t specify the children’s ages, genders or their specific relationship to either adult.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5West Greene to receive report on failed retaining wall | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union