Old Man Winter frosts NFL fields with snow, ice
Winter weather hit NFL gridirons in the East on Sunday, blanketing some playing fields with snow and causing sloppy conditions for players.
In Philadelphia, snow began falling two hours before the Lions-Eagles kickoff, and intensified after the game started. Workers used shovels and hand-held blowers to clear off yard lines. The Eagles won, 34-20.
In Pittsburgh, the warm-weather Dolphins didn’t let the cold and snow slow them down in their march to a 34-28 win over the Steelers.
Before the Vikings-Ravens game in Baltimore, small tractors with plows and workers with shovels tried to clear the snow, to no avail. After the snow let up, tractors moved it from between the hash marks and shovels cleared the yard lines. The Ravens held off the Vikes, 29-26.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Ferrari puts Char-Houston in playoff driverīs seat | Observer-Reporter
- 4Rooney: LeBeauīs role would have changed with Steelers | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter