Woman taken to hospital after falling from vehicle
A woman was transported to Washington Hospital Wednesday after she fell from her vehicle while attempting to put a coin into a parking lot gate at Washington Financial Bank at Wheeling and South Main streets.
Washington Police Cpl. Steve Devenney said the woman was attempting to leave the parking lot about 11:30 a.m. when she missed the coin slot at the gate. Devenney said the woman opened the driver’s door of her SUV to retrieve her coin and fell out of the vehicle.
The SUV then rolled forward, breaking the gate and striking a parked vehicle. Devenney said the parked vehicle sustained minor damage to the driver’s side.
Devenney said it was unclear if the SUV struck the woman when it rolled forward. She was taken to Washington Hospital as a precaution.
Police did not release her name or age.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rooney: LeBeau´s role would have changed with Steelers | Observer-Reporter
- 3Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter