Man faces decades in prison after sexual assault conviction
A Pittsburgh man is in the Washington County jail without bond after a jury convicted him of sexual assault and a related charge.
Michael Joseph Grove, 29, previously had been convicted of committing a sex crime, so Judge John DiSalle revoked his $5,000 unsecured bond.
The jury, which was unaware of Grove’s prior conviction, deliberated for about five hours Tuesday before returning the verdict about 10 p.m.
Grove faces a mandatory 25 years in prison.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter