Pa. woman attacks man over missing dentures
SCRANTON (AP) – A Pennsylvania woman allegedly beat her father-in-law with a cane after she accused him of stealing her dentures.
The Scranton Times-Tribune reported Friday that 36-year-old Jody A. Burns arrived at the man’s apartment at about 8 a.m., looking for her dentures.
When he said he didn’t know where they were, she allegedly grabbed his cane and began hitting him on the head and legs.
Police arrested Burns a short time later. She’s facing charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and resisting arrest.
Court papers say Burns is being held in the Lackawanna County jail, unable to post $5,000 bond. No attorney was listed.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 17.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union