Man found dead after Western Pa. fire identified
CRABTREE (AP) – A state police fire marshal is trying to find out what started a blaze that killed a man in his Western Pennsylvania home.
The Westmoreland County coroner’s office said 63-year-old John Lomack died of carbon monoxide poisoning and burns following Sunday night’s blaze in Salem Township.
Coroner Ken Bacha said a ruling on the manner of death is pending the fire marshal’s report on the cause of the blaze.
Trooper Brian Gross of the state police barracks in Kiski Valley said the victim’s body was found in the kitchen area of the home, which was engulfed in flames by the time crews arrived.