Pa. seeks public comments on gas drilling
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is seeking public comments and holding hearings over oil and gas drilling regulations.
The public comment period opened Saturday. DEP has also scheduled two webinars for Thursday, Dec. 19, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Friday, Jan. 3, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., to present information and answer questions on the proposed regulations.
The regulations implement provisions of the oil and gas legislation known as Act 13, which was passed in 2012.
The public is also invited to submit comments by Feb. 12, 2014. They can be submitted by mail, to the email address RegComments@pa.gov, or to the Environmental Quality Board website. A series of public hearings will also begin early in January.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter