Duquesne squeezes past St. Francis
LORETTO (AP) – Ovie Soko scored 20 points to pace Duquesne to a comeback victory over St. Francis 78-71 on Tuesday.
Duquesne (4-5) overcame a 10-point halftime deficit to score 51 second half points en route to beating their in-state rival St. Francis (2-8).
St. Francis used a 16-4 run – including three treys by Ben Millaud-Meunier – to build a 37-27 halftime advantage.
Duquesne finally took a 45-44 lead at 13:18 of the second half on Desmond Ridenour’s layup. The Dukes’ lead reached as many as 10 points but St. Francis re-took the lead at 63-61 at 6:23 on a Dominique Major 3-pointer.
Derrick Colter returned the favor with a trey of his own on the next possession for Duquesne and the teams battled down the stretch until a late 8-0 run led to a 4-point led for the Dukes with 2:02 left. A final few free throws provided the margin of victory.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union