Deaths of two ruled murder-suicide
CENTRAL CITY (AP) – State police say the shooting deaths of a man and his wife in a Western Pennsylvania home have been ruled a murder-suicide.
Police in Somerset County said the bodies of 59-year-old Karen Harkcom and 57-year-old Michael Harkcom were found Monday in their Stonycreek Township home.
Police said Tuesday that the investigation had revealed that the man shot his wife twice in the upper chest with a handgun and then shot himself in the head.
Officers were called to the home to check on their welfare. The county medical examiner’s office did not return a call seeking comment Tuesday.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union