Two dead in Route 18 crash
Two drivers died Wednesday night in a two-vehicle accident in Prosperity, Morris Township, and two passengers were flown to Pittsburgh hospitals.
A Jeep SUV heading north, driven by Shari L. Cox, 46, of Plumsock Road, Prosperity, crossed the center line of Route 18 near Conklin Lane about 6:30 p.m. and struck a GMC SUV driven by Stephen Michael Breese, 28, of Ridgewood Drive, North Franklin Township, according to Washington County Coroner Tim Warco.
Cox, whose vehicle flipped on its side, was pronounced dead at the scene. Breese was transported to Washington Hospital and pronounced dead in the emergency room. Both died of multiple injuries, Warco said.
The conditions of the two passengers in Breese’s vehicle were not known and state police did not release their report late Wednesday.
A section of Route 18 between Conklin Lane and Bethel Church Road was closed Wednesday night.
Morris, South Franklin and North Franklin townships fire departments and ambulance services assisted at the scene.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter