Man killed, two injured in Western Pa. garage fire
WEST MIDDLESEX (AP) – Authorities in Western Pennsylvania say one man died in an explosion and fire in a garage that also injured two other people over the weekend.
Mercer County firefighters were called to the Shenango Township home shortly after 5:30 p.m. Saturday and found the garage engulfed in flames.
Police chief Riley Smoot Jr. told WPXI-TV that preliminary information indicated that the man and two other people “were working on some small engines, a snowmobile or an ATV” at the time of the blast.
Authorities said two other people were taken to hospitals, but there was no immediate word on their conditions. Officials said the garage was destroyed.
Coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III said the investigation was in the preliminary stages and the victim’s identity was not yet available.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union