Water main break in Peters Twp.
A water main break is causing minor tie-ups on Route 19 south in Peters Township, near the Wendy’s restaurant. The break, which occurred at about 12:30 p.m. has been controlled and crews are working to repair it. Peters Township public works employees are at the scene scraping ice from the road and spreading anti-skid material. One southbound lane is closed in the area.
According to Josephine Posti, external affairs specialist with the Pennsylvania American Water Co., the break occurred in a six-inch line that is about 60 years old. She said it is difficult to say whether the cause of the break was weather related or because of the age of the pipe.
The repairs are estimated to be completed and water service restored by about 10 p.m. Tuesday. While repairs are being made, Posti said about 50 commercial and residential customers will be without water service.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 4Coal drives decrease in assessment values | Observer-Reporter
- 5Solo tourists banned in New Orleans´ oldest cemetery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union