SCI-Greene inmate death under investigation
State police, state prison officials and the District Attorney’s office are investigating the death of an inmate at the State Correctional Institution-Greene Friday night.
Ronald Yarbough, 22, of Cresson, was found unresponsive in his cell just after 6 p.m. and was pronounced dead at 7:48 p.m., according to a state Department of Corrections news release.
Deputy Coroner Bill Lewis said Yarbough’s death is a potential homicide, but the cause of death is still pending. Lewis also confirmed Yarbough was found in his cell with his cellmate.
Yarbough was serving a one- to four-year sentence for aggravated bodily injury to an officer that occurred in Cambria County in 2010. He was arrested by state police at the Ebensburg station. He had been at the Greene County prison since September after withdrawing an appeal of his plea.
An autopsy was done Saturday but no results were made available. State police also had no additional information Saturday night.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4West Greene to receive report on failed retaining wall | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union