Bizarre crime spree leaves two dead
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Two people are dead following a bizarre crime spree in central Pennsylvania.
A Duncannon man apparently on a rampage fatally shot a woman and committed other crimes before he was killed.
State police say the events unfolded after a 25-year-old woman reported Saturday morning that 23-year-old Donald Tolbert had sexually assaulted her.
Police say they believe Tolbert subsequently killed a 56-year-old woman, who was stopped at a stop sign, stole a car from a home, stole guns from another location and robbed a convenience store before officers spotted him near Harrisburg.
Tolbert was killed after police cornered him in a cul-de-sac, but details are sketchy.
Dauphin County District Attorney Ed Marsico says police fired shots, but that he may have taken his own life.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Restaurant operators plan venue with accent on family-style meals | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union