No one injured in Bentleyville fire

  • January 13, 2014
Firefighters work at the scene of a blaze Sunday night at 105 Shady Ave. in Bentleyville. - Wayne E. Ray / For the Observer-Reporter Order a Print

A state police fire marshal determined that a fire Sunday night that damaged a Bentleyville home was accidental.

Bentleyville firefighters were called about 10 p.m. to the home of Chris Preisenderfer, 105 Shady Ave. Preisenderfer had returned home to find his house filled with smoke.

Trooper Steven Thompson determined the fire was a result of an electrical malfunction at or near a light in a bathroom. He estimated damage to the house and contents at $65,000.

No injuries were reported.

Bentleyville firefighters were assisted by the Richeyville and Cokeburg fire departments, as well as the rapid intervention team from the California fire department. Also on the scene was Fort Cherry Ambulance.

Fire crews from Finleyville were called to a kitchen fire on Washington Avenue about 8 p.m. Sunday, Washington County 911 said. No information on that incident was available.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Fire engulfs Cecil Township house

Police beat Nov. 25

Scenery Hill to relight Century Inn sign

Pittsburgh man charged with disrobing in California police holding cell

Peters girl uses strike time to help others

2000 Turkeys reaches goal

Cecil Elementary celebrates Thanksgiving feast

Fire sweeps through Independence Township apartment building

Judge to trusts’ attorney: Recorder of deeds is not in contempt of court order

Police say North Strabane man assaulted wife as she bathed daughter