No one injured in Bentleyville fire
A state police fire marshal determined that a fire Sunday night that damaged a Bentleyville home was accidental.
Bentleyville firefighters were called about 10 p.m. to the home of Chris Preisenderfer, 105 Shady Ave. Preisenderfer had returned home to find his house filled with smoke.
Trooper Steven Thompson determined the fire was a result of an electrical malfunction at or near a light in a bathroom. He estimated damage to the house and contents at $65,000.
No injuries were reported.
Bentleyville firefighters were assisted by the Richeyville and Cokeburg fire departments, as well as the rapid intervention team from the California fire department. Also on the scene was Fort Cherry Ambulance.
Fire crews from Finleyville were called to a kitchen fire on Washington Avenue about 8 p.m. Sunday, Washington County 911 said. No information on that incident was available.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 4A new party, built on piles of cash | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter