Memories of bad water
Kudos to Al’s Water Service in Washington for their gracious donation of clean water to the residents of Charleston, W.Va. and the surrounding areas.
I can remember vividly growing up in the Kanawha Valley in West Virginia and turning on the tap in the morning and experiencing vile smells and tastes. Making tea and coffee was out of the question. Dead fish routinely washed up on the river bank. Of course, at that time, the chemical companies purposely dumped chemicals in the Kanawha River in the dead of night. Evidently, this current spill was the result of neglect and stupidity.
I hope for the sake of the residents that this situation is rectified quickly.
Sue Ann Armstrong
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union