Pa. man to face trial in alleged attack on parents
BIRDSBORO, Pa. (AP) – A 20-year-old Pennsylvania man who allegedly attacked his mother and father with a knife has been ordered to stand trial.
WFMZ-TV said Robert Hausch of Morgantown was in was in Berks County Court on Tuesday for his preliminary hearing on charges including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.
Hausch was arrested in the family home early on the morning of Dec. 30. Police say Hausch allegedly stabbed his mother and father in the neck as they slept in their bed a few hours after an argument over his receiving five failing grades in college.
Hausch is being held at the Berks County jail, unable to post $100,000 cash bond. His parents were treated at a hospital for their injuries and released.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3The public interest under assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union