Washintgton man held on rape, assault charges

January 15, 2014
Darius Allen Duncan

A Washington man faces trial for an alleged brutal beating and raping of a 22-year-old woman inside her Washington home last November.

Darius Allen Duncan, 20, of 102 E. Hallam Ave., waived his case to court Wednesday during a preliminary hearing in Central Court before District Judge David Mark. A charge of kidnapping was withdrawn, while two counts of corruption of minors and one count of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse were added to the charges of rape, rape of an unconscious person, aggravated assault, burglary, unlawful restraint and terroristic threats.

Duncan reportedly went to the home of the alleged victim about 10 p.m. Nov. 26, 2013. When she opened the door, police said he forced his way in and started hitting her on the face and head, knocking her unconscious. While she was unconscious on the kitchen floor, he allegedly raped her. She told Washington police when she regained consciousness, she tried fighting him off and scratched him in the face.

Duncan then allegedly tied her hands and feet and gagged her before carrying her to a second-floor bedroom where her children were sleeping. He reportedly put her on the bed and raped her multiple times throughout the night before leaving the next morning, telling her he would kill her if she called police.

Assistant District Attorney Traci McDonald said the corruption charges were added because the woman’s two children, ages 1 and 2, were next to her during the sexual assaults.

“The kids were screaming,” McDonald said.

McDonald said Duncan and the victim knew each other but were not dating.

“She considered him a friend,” McDonald said. “But she hadn’t seen him for several months.”

McDonald said the woman was brutally beaten about the face, legs, arms, wrists and neck. She was taken to Washington Hospital for treatment. McDonald said the 22-year-old continues to suffer from the damage done to her eyes during the assault.

Duncan remains in Washington County jail on $50,000 bond. Mark ordered him to have no contact with the alleged victim if he is released on bond before trial.

Kathie O. Warco has covered the police beat and transportation for the Observer-Reporter for more than 25 years. She graduated from Duquesne University with a degree in journalism.

View More from this Author



blog comments powered by Disqus