Philly woman fatally shot in chest for purse
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Authorities say a 26-year-old woman was fatally shot in the chest during a robbery in a neighborhood just outside of downtown Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the woman was visiting her boyfriend in the Northern Liberties neighborhood around 10:25 p.m. Sunday when she was approached by two men in a dark car. Police Chief Inspector Scott Small says one of the men shot her in the chest and took her purse.
Police say the woman was pronounced dead at Hahnemann Hospital at 11:15 p.m. Sunday.
Philadelphia Homicide detectives were still at the scene investigating Monday morning, including reviewing surveillance footage from nearby apartment complexes.
- 1Two injured in Amwell Township crash | Observer-Reporter
- 2Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5House Democrats´ new message on the economy: We told you so | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union