Penn State tops Nebraska 58-54
STATE COLLEGE – D.J. Newbill scored 16 points to lead Penn State past Nebraska 58-54 Thursday night for its first Big Ten Conference win.
John Johnson scored 13 for the Nittany Lions (10-10, 1-6), and Brandon Taylor and Tim Frazier each had 11.
Terran Petteway paced the Cornhuskers (9-9, 1-5) with 15, and Ray Gallegos added 10.
Nebraska led 29-22 at halftime, but Penn State grabbed a 47-45 lead with 4:19 left in the second when Newbill scored on a driving layup.
The Huskers replied with a trey by Shavon Shields, but Taylor made a free throw and Donovan Jack made a putback to pull Penn State within 51-50.
Penn State’s full-court press forced a turnover, with Frazier diving for the loose ball, then passing it from the sitting position to Newbill, who threw down a thunderous dunk and was fouled. He made the free throw and Penn State never trailed again.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union