Lehtonen shuts out Penguins as Stars win 3-0
DALLAS – Kari Lehtonen made 24 saves for his second shutout in three games to lead the Dallas Stars to a 3-0 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday night.
Sergei Gonchar, Jamie Benn and Rich Peverley had Dallas’ goals, and Lehtonen also had an assist for the second consecutive game. The Stars have won their last three games by a combined 14-1 margin.
Gonchar had a power-play goal, his second score this season, with just under 5 minutes remaining in the first period against his former team. Dallas has scored with a man advantage in seven consecutive games.
Alex Goligoski, another former Penguins player, had an assist when Benn scored to make it 2-0 at 3:14 of the second. Peverley closed the scoring a little more than 7 minutes later.
Lehtonen faced only 12 shots during the first two periods, before the Metropolitan Division-leading Penguins doubled their attempts in the third.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union