Roommate: Russian teen set off mini-bombs in Pa.
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) — The roommate of a Penn State student from Russia charged with building a suspected bomb in his bedroom says the 19-year-old recently set off three “mini-bombs” just outside their apartment.
Andrew Leff tells the Altoona Mirror that he warned Vladislav Miftakhov to get rid of the bomb-making materials. He called Miftakhov “dumb” and “crazy,” but not dangerous.
Miftakhov was in jail Sunday in Altoona after being arrested Friday and charged with possessing a weapon of mass destruction, risking a catastrophe and other counts.
Court records don’t list a lawyer for Miftakhov.
Police say they were investigating a reported marijuana growing operation at Miftakhov’s apartment when they found and dismantled the suspected bomb. They also allegedly found a suitcase containing explosives-related material.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Burt living his dream at Duquesne | Observer-Reporter
- 3Reliving memories of Basle Theater | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5News, Sports, Events, & Community
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union