Ringgold advances in team tournament wrestling
Ringgold’s Doug Gudenburr pinned Anthony Borasso in the next to last bout to wrap up a 36-28 victory over Plum in the pigtail round of the WPIAL Class AAA Team Tournament Monday at Chartiers Valley High School.
Plum advances to Wednesday’s first round at Canon-McMillan.
The Big Macs are the four-time defending WPIAL champion and have won five state team titles over the past three seasons.
Gudenburr’s pin made it 36-25 and followed an 18-6 major decision by Anthony DiNinno over John Mountain at 106 that pulled the Mustangs to within 30-25.
Jake Gerard (138) and Devin Fallenstein (170) also had pins for the Rams.
Tommy Zummo (126), Hunter Fenk (182), Nathan Turchick (195) had pins for Plum.
In other matches last night, Greensburg Salem defeated Montour, 52-18, and advances to North Allegheny to take on the tournament’s No. 4 seed. Kiski takes on Trinity in the other 6 p.m. match.
Connellsville stopped West Allegheny, 48-27, and moves on to Latrobe to battle the second-seeded Wildcats. Peters Township and North Hills meet in the other 6 p.m. bout at that site.
Seneca Valley dropped Hopewell, 46-18, and the reward for is a first-round bout against top-seeded Franklin Regional.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Economy slowed last quarter, but signs pointing up | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union