New Penn State coach to attend State of Union
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — The new football coach for Penn State is attending the president’s State of the Union address in Washington.
James Franklin will hear the speech on Tuesday as the guest of Republican Rep. Glenn Thompson.
Thompson’s northern Pennsylvania district includes the university campus in State College. Thompson is also a Penn State alum who says he wants to welcome the new coach to the area.
Franklin was named to lead the Nittany Lions on Jan. 11. He previously coached at Vanderbilt.
In a statement, Franklin says he appreciates the invitation and looks forward to hearing the president’s vision for this year and beyond.
President Barack Obama will address the nation at 9 p.m. EST.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union