Woman jailed on heroin-in-Happy Meal charges
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A Pittsburgh McDonald’s employee has been jailed on charges that she sold heroin hidden in Happy Meals to drive-thru customers who uttered the code words, “I’d like to order a toy.”
The meals are marketed to children and contain a toy — but police say the customers who used the prearranged code knew they’d be getting drugs from 26-year-old ShanTia Dennis, of East Pittsburgh.
The woman denied wrongdoing when she was led away in handcuffs Wednesday night. She was jailed after her arraignment early Thursday on charges including criminal use of a cellphone and drug charges. Police say they found 10 stamp bags — or individual doses — in a meal investigators bought Wednesday and 50 more bags when they searched Dennis.
The franchisee who owns the store says the allegations “are not consistent” with the store’s values.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union